An Advisor Managed Account is another name for a fully discretionary account.
Discretionary portfolios provide the latitude we need to manage all of your investments. You entrust your savings to our Team and we will make all the necessary decisions involved in the day-to-day management of your portfolio in keeping with your investor profile, restrictions, constraints and investment objectives. Some of the benefits include:
- A discretionary managed portfolio gives you the benefit of having a professional making the decisions in your portfolio with your best interest in mind;
- As a client, you no longer have to make all the decisions and this allows you not to have your emotions get in the way of your performance;
- The portfolio management is structured inside of well-defined parameters according to your personal investment policy statement;
- The discretionary management allows us to rebalance your portfolio rapidly when the markets are volatile. This allows us to seize the opportunities for you under all market conditions;
- We will continue to contact you on the desired basis to keep you up to date on the performance and the evolution of your strategy.
- You will have access to personalized communication and management;
- Your monthly management fee is based on the value of your portfolio instead of a fee per transaction. This way we are not compensated for the number of trades executed, but rather for our decisions and services offered;
- Discretionary portfolio management fees for a taxable, non-registered account are generally fully or partially tax-deductible; ( subject to applicable regulation );
- We have the capability to do all client transactions at the same time. That way, you don’t need to worry anymore if you are called first or last to benefit from an investment opportunity;
- A very limited amount of Investment Advisors In Canada are registered Portfolio Managers;
- JMRD has four Portfolio Managers and tremendous ‘bench strength’ when it comes to investment management.
The only difference between the JMRD Advisor Managed Account and the JMRD Basket Program is that the Basket program allows an investor to entrust SOME of their investment assets on a discretionary basis while the Managed Account is all of their investment assets. An investor would gain access to this discretionary management by purchasing one of our JMRD Baskets. They are the Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Basket and the Diversified Income and Growth (DIG) Basket.