[Not a valid template]
It’s a rare occasion that JMRD has all of our team members from all offices (London, Toronto and Waterloo) in the same room at the same time. However, in each of the past three years, the Team has been convening in London to assess our successes, to address our shortcomings and to formulate ways to do better for our clients in the coming year.
We always begin the meeting by discussing our mission statement, to which we still aspire each year.
Providing peace of mind for wealthy families through a proven platform of comprehensive planning, customized solutions and exceptional service.
In order to achieve our mission we have set a number of principles, or core values, to guide us. These guide us in all areas of our business and our interactions with each other as a Team. JMRD has dubbed these our “PILLARS” principles. “PILLARS” stands for:
P – Passion for Excellence
- We want to maintain a positive outlook and care deeply about our clients, our work and our profession. We must continue to stay motivated and set high expectations for ourselves.
I – Integrity
- We understand that honest and ethical behaviour is the bedrock of trust and we must maintain the highest standards of personal and professional conduct at all times.
L – Lifelong Learning
- We realize that ours is dynamic environment in which trends can change in an instant. The onus is on us to continually develop our knowledge in new areas and persistently work on areas that require improvement.
L – Leading by Example
- On an individual level, we embrace innovation and use new ideas to benefit our clients with leading professional advice.
- On a company level, National Bank Financial has a ‘Best Practices’ program which provides coaching to advisors looking to adopt new processes and behaviours to enhance their service offering. Our team is often asked to participate in these conferences where we can share opinions and provide input into how to make our team and other advisory teams better.
A – Accountability
- Each of our team members sets annual KPIs, or Key Performance Indicators, to measure each other’s performance. We share these KPIs with each other at offsite meetings. Throughout the year we monitor our progress in achieving our KPIs and make appropriate changes where necessary.
R – Respect for Others
- Treating each team member with respect and acting professionally and responsibly creates a thriving work environment. We are obviously going to have differences of opinion, but listening to each other and believing that our differences will make us stronger will benefit all our clients.
S – Success with Work/Life Harmony
- We work in a demanding and difficult world. But we must strive for a fine balance between work and family life that makes our lives most fulfilling. Participating in charitable pursuits, in which JMRD strongly believes, is also an integral part of the equation. We feel that arriving at an optimal and harmonious balance fosters success in all aspects of life.
A lot of time and effort is invested in each annual offsite meeting as we constantly aim to improve your experience each and every year. For this reason, we want you to know the details of our team’s mission and core principles that will guide us in achieving your goals throughout 2014.
As we turn the page on another year, we wish you nothing but the best over the Holiday Season. We look forward to working with you again in the New Year!